Well folks, (This is the gender nuetral politically correct term to use when talking to an audience of different sexes. In Alaska we always started off our tours with this phrase and it just keeps popping up whenever I want to write a narrative.) it seems as though my adventure has officially begun. I arrived in Chicago this afternoon from Jacksonville, IL where I had been spending the last week and a half with my brother, sister in-law, and niece. It was a long but comfortable train ride. My Hostel is right in the middle of dowtown near Lake Michigan and right now it is about eighty five degrees and the Tastes of Chicago is going on all week (a similar festival to the Bite of Seattle). There are free concerts all week and on the third there is even a Independence Day Eve firworks display so even though I will be leaving for India in the afternoon on the Fourth of July I will still get to see some fireworks.
Overall, I am very excited to be here for the next few days and Chicago is quickly becoming one of my new favorite cities. Right now I am in the Chicago Public Library, which is only a block away from my hostel and it is by far the most expansive and amazing library that I have ever been to. I think I could spend all day just wandering around looking through different books and admiring the architecture. Well thats all for today I am pretty exhausted and I still want to walk around a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to make another post tommorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thats awesome Dan, now I (Tim) really want to go check out Chicago. You're probably in India by now, you should post and let us know how things are going as soon as you can!
Cool, Dan's a blogger! I think I'm like the only male in our family that blogs...except you now! Hope you have a great trip in India and keep us posted on your time there.
Post a Comment